1. Firstly ensure that the dishwasher is correctly installed and tested.
For more information see the Correct Positioning topic.
2. Open the appliance door.
3. Remove the lower rack.
4. Locate the salt compartment.
5. Unscrew the salt compartment lid and remove.
6. Place the funnel supplied into the salt compartment top-up hole.
7. Pour in about 1L of water.
8. Then add salt until the compartment is full. Once full remove the funnel.
This is usually about 1.5kg of salt (maximum).
9. Wipe up any excess salt and screw the salt compartment lid on firmly.
10. Replace the bottom drawer and close the appliance.
11. Run a maintenance wash (empty load) to ensure that any salt in the dishwasher is rinsed away.
For more information on running a programme, see the Running a wash cycle topic.